Nordic Walking is beneficial for everyone - from those with medical conditions to the super fit! It is suitable, effective and enjoyable whatever your age, fitness level or goal.
- Tones upper and lower body at the same time
- Uses 90% of skeletal muscles
- Burns up to 46% more calories than normal walking
- Reduces pressure on knees and joints
- Great for heart and lungs
- Ideal for neck, shoulder and back problems
- Poles propel walker along making it easier to move faster
than normal with less perceived effort
It is one of the most effective cross training techniques
for athletes and sportspeople who require ultimate cardiovascular and endurance conditioning.
- Can be done anywhere
- There's no need for hills, country paths or snow!
- It appeals to all ages and fitness levels
- No need to wear special exercise clothing
- It's very sociable; participants can chat as they go!
- It's easy to learn and keep up
- It combines exercise with nature which has been proven to boost mood
The Learn to Nordic Walk course is four hours of practice which can be done in two two hour sessions, four one hour sessions or a combination of the two. The cost is just 45€, including pole hire.
At the end of the course of you decide Nordic Walking is for you (which most people do!) the next step is to buy your own poles. We can show you different pole types and advise on the different makes. Once you have your own poles you just need to start practicing. If you would like a refresher or further help with improving your technique you can join one of our sessions for half price.
Prices & Walks
Prices - group max. 10 people
4 hour course: 45€ incl. poles hire.
Can either be 2x 2 hours or 4x 1 hour.
Classes in Sant Cugat del Valles
Classes in Barcelona Central
Classes in Barcelona South
To register or for more information, please contact Doina or have a look at our have a look at Facebook Page.